Members of The Parkdale Community Health Centre (PCHC) and Queen West – Central Toronto Community Health Centre (QW-CTCHC) have approved amalgamation. The Boards of Directors of both agencies have released a joint statement which can be viewed by clicking on the following link:
Why Parkdale CHC and Queen West – CTCHC?
- We serve similar types of clients and use similar approaches to providing services
- We have also worked well together in a number of ways over the last few years
Creating a single organization will allow us to better serve our clients in many ways:
- You can access services at both sites & only have to register at one;
- Our staff will be able to learn from each other & share limited resources;
- We will have better access to future resources & the ability to influence the delivery of health care.
What Does This Mean For You?
In the short term, how and where you receive services will not change. The new combined organization will continue to serve all our clients and support our communities at all our current locations. We hope that over time there will be more opportunities for your communities to access services across all of the sites.
What you have told us:
We have been using the past six months to get feedback from our communities and partners about the potential benefits and concerns regarding service integration of our two Centres. This is what you have told us:
- Stakeholders can look out for the announcement of a new board to the new joint entity starting April 1, 2017.
- Clients will have the opportunity to work with the new organization to shape programmes and provide input as we move forward.
Queen West and Parkdale’s joint release:
Stay Tuned for Future Updates
Check back with us over the coming months. The bulletin board near our main entrance, our website and our Facebook page will be kept updated with the most current information on our progress.